2019 OTAA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Board of Directors of the Ohio Tire & Automotive Association is proud to announce the continuation of the OTAA Scholarship Program to promote career opportunities in the tire and automotive industries for Ohio students. The Board of Directors may award five scholarships totaling $10,000 per fiscal year.
The deadline for the acceptance of applications for this year’s awards is May 31, 2019. Scholarship award winners will be notified by July 12, 2019.
THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- The student applicant must be sponsored by an owner or manager with a current Ohio Tire and Automotive Association membership.
- The student must be a graduating high school senior.
- All scholarship winners must be enrolled in courses at a college, university, automotive related technical school or automotive related technical college of their choice at the beginning of their school’s next academic year.
- The student must be able to show proof of U.S. citizenship.
- Complete application, with all required attachments.
- Applicants must notify via their personal statement any other scholarship awards they may have received. Applicants attending tuition free institutions are discouraged from applying.
THIS APPLICATION CANNOT BE CONSIDERED BY THE SELECTION COMMITTEE UNTIL THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE RECEIVED:
- High school transcript, including SAT and / or ACT scores.
- Personal statement or essay.
- SERVICE TO OTHERS
- EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- CONTENT OF ESSAY
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Note that a high GPA is not the only deciding factor. Choices will be based on a number of factors including the student’s academic record, participation in school activities, extracurricular activities, community service, financial need, leadership, relationship to sponsor, and any unusual personal or family circumstances.
Decisions of the committee are final.
Complete the online form below or download the scholarship application here